A background investigation is normally conducted by a third party in order to verify the complete history of their candidates. These kinds of background investigations are very helpful for the companies to select the right candidate. Please see page for more details on background check process http://attorneys.com/. There are mainly two kinds of background checks conducted by these outsourced agencies. The first one is the complete background investigation method, and the other one is DIY (Do It Yourself) method which is an instant online background checking method. Normally the corporates prefer to go for the complete background check method. The service provider will normally take 2 to 5 days for the complete background check verification process.
Nowadays background check has been made mandatory even by Police departments. This is very useful for them in the case of any complaint is lodged by the corporates regarding their employees.
Complete Background Investigation Method.
The complete background investigation process is the best method to determine the exact details of the candidate. Normally all the corporates wish to go for the full background check up the process. The service provider typically covers all the checks which are required by the corporates. This is called the Employment Screening System in other terms.
Following are the areas normally the service provider will check for the complete background verification process:
· Criminal background – The service provider will check with Police Department if the candidate has any previous criminal records against his name.
· Sex Abuser – This also needs to be checked with Police Department whether any sex related cases have been booked against his name.
· Employment History – This needs to be checked based on details provided by the candidate with the corporate at the time of interview. The service provider either personally visits the previous employment places or they cover this through telephonic conversations.
· Educational Qualifications – Normally the service provider will check the correctness of the educational institutional records.
· Referrals Checking – The Service provider will contact the referrals over the phone based on the details provided by the candidate to find out the correctness.
· Credit Reports – This information will be taken from the financial institutions to find out the candidates credit worthiness.
· Address Check – This is one of the major background checks to validate if the address provided by the candidate is correct or not.
Fair Credit Reporting Act
The service providers are governed by FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act). These service providers have to follow their terms and conditions while carrying background verification processes. All these results are basically stored online so that the employers can easily access the reports of their candidates.
Advantages and Disadvantages
The main advantages of using these certified service providers are they are governed by FCRA Acts. It is quite easy for the employers to hire the right candidates based on the results submitted by these service providers.
If you are using a third party service provider for cheaper rates who are not legal and are not governed by the FCRA Acts, then you are running your business at greater risk.